Friday, April 2, 2010

Hooten: A wild couple of days

What a last couple of days, whew! This actually all started about 2 weeks ago when we came an eye lash away from beating No. 3-seed Baylor on national television.

The truth of the matter is the country could no longer say that Bob Marlin was the best kept coaching secret, it was out! My phone began to ring then, and has not stopped. Everyone knew that Coach Marlin’s time had come, and everyone felt that my time was coming.

I guess out of all the things that have happened the last couple of days, knowing that your friends, family, co-workers, and most importantly colleagues, were pulling for you to get this opportunity makes you feel even better.

This is a hard business and after years of blood, sweat, and tears, I have finally reached a huge step in my career. It is just the next chapter and something that I have been groomed for by two of the best coaches in the country, Lonn Reisman and Bob Marlin.

Both of these men taught me how to run a program and I will do my best to make them proud.

-- Jason Hooten
Head Basketball Coach

No comments: