Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Clavel dunk

I was not able to see the men's game live on Saturday. I traveled this past weekend to Corpus Christi with the women's team. But before I even got back to Huntsville I had already received a phone call. I had just missed a great dunk from Gilberto Clavell.

As we were driving through The Woodlands, I got a blow by blow description of the play that evidently blew the roof off Johnson Coliseum. I walked into the arena moments after the game had ended, and on no less than 10 occasions, someone wanted to tell me about Clavell's dunk.

Cody Stark described it to me as the greatest dunk in Johnson Coliseum history -- I am still partial to Eddy Fobbs' follow-up dunk against McNeese in the 2003 semifinals -- but there is no doubt this is a good one. If you didn't see it, or just want to see it again, here it is.

-- Jason Barfield


No comments: